The Governance Mentoring Programme is a collaborative partnership between Community Governance NZ and Mentoring Foundation New Zealand, initiated to help develop the governance ability of our community board members with guided one-to-one mentoring.
A partnership with Mentoring Foundation, Volunteer Kāpiti and Community Governance NZ delivered a pilot governance programme with the Kāpiti community in 2021. Watch our videos below as mentors and mentees share their stories.
The mentoring governance model has been designed to increase your effectiveness in community governance by developing your capability, connection and confidence. You will be matched with a local governance leader with strong not-for-profit experience, and supported by a local coordinator.
A few key points of the Governance Mentoring Programme:
- The programme is free (includes $1,500 of value per person) and runs for six months.
- Mentees will undergo a mixture of online/face to face mentoring and have regular catch-up meetings with their mentor.
- Mentees will partake in three facilitation meetings that focus on relevant topics to support their governance journey.
Locations & Registration
The Governance Mentoring Programme will be available in selected regions, with the option of online mentoring programme. You can register online now, at the following links:
- Horowhenua, Manawatū, and Tararua
- Gisborne: Mentees / Mentors
- Sport Canterbury: Mentees / Mentors
- Central Lakes: Mentees / Mentors
We are also offering an online programme for 15 mentees if you are not in one of our locations – if you’d like to register your interest for the online programme please click the form below and we will be in touch with you shortly.